This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information.
Leaderful Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when handling personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
We collect and hold two categories of personal information:
- personal information that we collect from or about our clients in the course of providing services to our clients (Client Information)
- personal information we collect from or about visitors to our website, people who download our resources, and people who subscribe to our newsletter.
We collect, use, disclose and protect Client Information in accordance with our terms of engagement and any other specific arrangements we have agreed with our client.
The remainder of this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect personal information that is not Client Information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you would like further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 13 August 2020.
Who we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. phone call or email), or when you download our resources
- if you provide us with your LinkedIn (or other social media) details, from your LinkedIn (or other social media) account profile page, in accordance with any privacy settings you have set for that account
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognise your browser. If you want to disable cookies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use all of the functions made available. We use the technical information we collect to have a better understanding of the way people use our website, templates and newsletters, to improve the way they work and to personalise them to be more relevant and useful to your particular needs.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide to you, and improve, our website, templates and newsletters
- to market our services and products to you, including electronically (e.g. by text or email)
- to bill you and process payments from you, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim and verifying your compliance with any terms under which we have provided our website or templates to you
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
How we disclose your personal information
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, we may disclose personal information to:
- any business that supports our website, templates and newsletters (including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our website, templates and newsletters) where necessary for that business to provide those services to us
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our website, templates and newsletters may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, where we hold readily retrievable personal information about you, you have the right:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not we hold that information
- to access that information
- to request a correction to that information.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before you exercise these rights, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. Your email should provide that evidence and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
In relation to a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.